Kisan Vikas Patras: Introduction, Benefits, Interest Rates, Various Types. Hello Friends Here we are providing some basic knowledge for Kisan Vikas Patras. Find Basic Details about Kisan Vikas Patras. In our Next Articles we provide complete details for Kisan Vikas Patras like – What is Kisan Vikas Patras, How to Apply for Kisan Vikas Patras, What is the procedure for apply Kisan Vikas Patras Online etc. Recently we provide India’s Top 10 Safe Investment Plans Now you can scroll down below and check details regarding Kisan Vikas Patras – a Discussion
Kisan vikas patra : Kisan Vikas Patra is a saving scheme that was announced by the Government of India. Under this scheme it doubles the money invested in eight years and seven months.
The Directorate of Small Savings Government of India, issues these saving bonds. They are issued by all Post Offices in the country so that the scheme can be accessed by citizens from all over the country.
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
Kisan Vikas Patras – a Discussion
Kisan Vikas Patra :
In order to boost up the savings rate in the country Government of India has announced many plans… But most of them are not accessible to below middle class groups and non salaried and irregular income earning groups …..
Kisan vikas patra is a best savings scheme to encourage those who doesn’t have access to regular financial plans that requires regular contribution to for a particular period till it gets closed or matured.
Must Read – Advantages of Kisan Vikas Patra
Benefits of Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
- Amount Invested matures in 113 months.
- Rate of Interest 7.6%.
- Certificate can be purchased by an adult for himself or on behalf of a minor or by two adults.
- KVP can be purchased from any Departmental Post office.
- Facility of nomination is available.
- Certificate can be transferred from one person to another and from one post office to another.
- Certificate can be encashed after 2 & 1/2 years from the date of issue.
Interest Rates of Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
|Type of Account||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit|
|Kisan Vikas Patra (Available in denominations of Rs 1,000, 5000, 10,000 and Rs 50,000.)||INR. 1000/-||No limit|
Is it only for farmers ?
It is a misconception that Kisan vikas patra is for farmers only. The “kisan” in Kisan Vikas Patra does not mean that only farmers can buy these saving certificates but also the amount procured by the government through these Patras is used for uplifting the farmers. Any individual can safely invest and save their money in the form of Kisan Vikas Patra.The are accessible to every individual without any bias.
Must Read – Basic details – Employee Provident Fund
Various types of Kisan Vikas Patra :
- Single holder type certificate
- Joint A type certificate
- Joint B type certificate.
Implied rate of return :
Under the new Kisan Vikas Patra scheme, the amount invested by buying KVPs will be doubled in 100 months, or eight years and four months. This indicates that an annual return of 8.67 per cent is earned through ,without any risk. It is available in the denomination of Rs 1,000, Rs 5,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 50,000.
In my subsequent post I will cover the procedure to apply , benefits and limitations of KVP….
Read Relevant Articles
- National Savings Certificate (NSC) – Complete Details
- Complete Details for Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Complete Details for Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Complete Details for National Pension Scheme
- India’s Top 10 Safe Investment Plans
- Interest Rate of NSC, PPF, KYP, SSY, SCSS Revised
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme Account
- India’s Top 10 Safe Investment Plans
- Post Office Time Deposit Account Scheme
- KVP, PPF, NSC Which is best? Comparison Chart
- PPF Account: Benefits, Eligibility, Tax Benefits, Interest Rates