Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased From 1 Crore to 2 Crore. Exemption for audit of accounts u/s 44AB increased to Rs 2 crore. Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased for Business Persons. Hi Friends in union budget 2017 Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB increased from 1 crore to 2 crore for business.
Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased From 1 Crore to 2 Crore
The existing provision of section 44AB of the Act, inter-alia provides that every person carrying on the business is required to get his accounts audited if the total sales, turnover or gross receipts in the previous year exceeds one crore rupees. The threshold limit for applicability of presumptive taxation in case of eligible business carried on by eligible person under section 44AD was increased to two crore rupees from one crore rupees with effect from 1st April, 2017 relevant to Assessment year 2017-18 by Finance Act, 2016. Further vide press release dated 20th June, 2016, it was clarified that if an eligible person opts for presumptive taxation scheme as per section 44AD(1) of the Act, he shall not be required to get his accounts audited if the total turnover or gross receipts of the relevant previous year does not exceed two crore rupees.
In light of the above legislative changes and to reduce the compliance burden of the small tax payers and facilitate the ease of doing business, it is proposed to amend the section 44AB to exclude the eligible person, who declares profits for the previous year in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 44AD and his total sales, total turnover or gross receipts, as the case may be, in business does not exceed two crore rupees in such previous year, from requirement of audit of books of accounts under section 44AB.
This amendment will take effect from 1st April, 2017 and will, accordingly, apply in relation to the assessment year 2017-18 and subsequent years.
Please Download Finance Bill 2017 From Below link….
- Deemed profit u/s 44 AD reduced from 8% to 6% for digital transaction
- Salient Features of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- PMGKY Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- CBDT Clarification on Fake News Related to Exemption to Political Parties
- Income Tax Due Dates 2017, Tax Calendar 2017
- Tax treatment of dividend received from a foreign company
- How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
- Additional Depreciation – Who can Avail?, availability, Rate of Add Dep
- CA Final Result 2017
- CA CPT Result June 2017