Revised Fee for Delayed Filing of Income Tax Return – Budget 2017. Fee for delayed filing of return under Income tax act 1961. Union budget 2017 is presented by Arun Jaitley on 1st February 2017, In this budget govt revised Fees for Delayed Filing of ITR, Please check more details for “Revised Fee for Delayed Filing of Income Tax Return – Budget 2017” from below….
Revised Fee for Delayed Filing of Income Tax Return – Budget 2017
In view of the non-intrusive information-driven approach for improving tax compliance and effective utilization of information in tax administration, it is important that the returns are filed within the due dates specified in section 139(1). Further, the reduced time limits proposed for making of assessment are also based on pre-requisite that returns are filed on time.
In order to ensure that return is filed within due date, it is proposed to insert a new section 234F in the Act to provide that a fee for delay in furnishing of return shall be levied for assessment year 2018-19 and onwards in a case where the return is not filed within the due dates specified for filing of return under sub-section (1) of section 139. The proposed fee structure is as follows:—
- a fee of five thousand rupees shall be payable, if the return is furnished after the due date but on or before the 31st day of December of the assessment year;
- a fee of ten thousand rupees shall be payable in any other case.
However, in a case where the total income does not exceed five lakh rupees, it is proposed that the fee amount shall not exceed one thousand rupees.
In view of above, it is proposed to make consequential amendment in section 140A to include that in case of delay in furnishing of return of income, alongwith the tax and interest payable, fee for delay in furnishing of return of income shall also be payable.
It is also proposed to make consequential amendment in sub-section (1) of section 143, to provide that in computation of amount payable or refund due, as the case may be, on account of processing of return under the said sub-section, the fee payable under section 234F shall also be taken into account.
Consequentially, it is also proposed that the provisions of section 271F in respect of penalty for failure to furnish return of income shall not apply in respect of assessment year 2018-19 and onwards.
These amendments will take effect from 1st April, 2018 and will, accordingly apply in relation to assessment year 2018-19 and subsequent years.
[Clauses 56, 57, 75 & 85]
Please Download Finance Bill 2017 From Below link….
Other Budget 2017 Updates
- Disallowance of depreciation u/s 32 & capital expenditure u/s 35AD on cash payment
- TDS Rates U/s 194J Reduced from 10% to 2% by Finance Bill 2017
- Deemed profit u/s 44 AD reduced from 8% to 6% for digital transaction
- Income Tax Due Dates 2017, Tax Calendar 2017
- Tax treatment of dividend received from a foreign company
- How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
- Additional Depreciation – Who can Avail?, availability, Rate of Add Dep
- Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased From 1 Crore to 2 Crore AY 2017-18
- Threshold limit Increased for maintenance of books of accounts