- FAQs on Participation in Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan
- 1. What is Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan (SVA)?
- 2. What is the role of Chartered Accountants in the said Abhiyaan?
- 3. What is the eligibility to participate in the noble cause?
- 4. What is the scope of work?
- 5. What is the procedure for enrolment in SVA?
- 6. What is to be done during the physical verification of the toilet blocks/units?
- 7. Which Report is to be submitted & to whom after the said verification?
- 8. What is the remuneration for said verification?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on participation in Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan. Check Completed Details regarding Participation in Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan. ICAI Issued new Announcement for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on participation in Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan. – (28-07-2015). Scroll Down Below and Check Complete Announcement.
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
- Like Us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/caknowledgepage
- Join Our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAknowledgegroup/
- Add me on Facebook for Better Interact https://www.facebook.com/rajujat302026
FAQs on Participation in Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan
1. What is Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan (SVA)?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan had been launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minster of India Shri Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014 to improve the public hygiene and rudimentary sanitation in our country. It is more of a privilege that the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the first professional body in the country which has been nominated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister to take this Abhiyaan forward.
Under this banner, Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan had been launched to provide separate toilets for boys and girls in all the government schools throughout the country. The construction of new toilets as well as repairs of dysfunctional toilets has been undertaken by the Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs) governed by the Ministry of Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy (MoP) and will spend their CSR funds for construction/repair of the said toilets in schools that are having in-adequate toilets
2. What is the role of Chartered Accountants in the said Abhiyaan?
The role of Chartered Accountants is to physically verify the completed school toilet blocks/units constructed/repaired by the concerned Central Public Sector Undertakings under the Swachh Vidhyalay Abhiyaan and report the said verification in the format provided by ICAI.
3. What is the eligibility to participate in the noble cause?
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India holding the Certificate of Practice from the Institute is eligible to participate in the SVA.
4. What is the scope of work?
a) As per the understanding shared by the office of the Ministry of Power, the engineer appointed/employed by the Central Public Sector Undertakings or its appointed agency to carry out the civil/construction work will issue a certificate of completion in accordance with the specification document also confirming the award of contract for the said toilet unit to the concerned contractor.
b) A hand over/take over certificate will be issued jointly by the concerned contractor and the school management and the toilet id is written/displayed on the face of the toilet unit.
c) The Chartered Accountant (CA) will verify all the above and confirm the same with a photograph of the existence of the toilet.
5. What is the procedure for enrolment in SVA?
The eligible member needs to fill the acceptance form online (Click here to fill Acceptance Form) and send the same at email@example.com. The member, then, has to send the same duly signed to the Institute at the following address:-
Professional Development Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, P.O Box 7100
New Delhi – 110 002
6. What is to be done during the physical verification of the toilet blocks/units?
The member after the due procedure would be allotted some of the toilet blocks/units in his/her nearby location, as far as possible, where the construction is completed by the respective CPSU. Based on the said allocation, the member needs to visit the said toilet block/unit and carry out physical verification as per the defined scope of work.
7. Which Report is to be submitted & to whom after the said verification?
The Verification Report Format can be downloaded by Clicking Here. The said report duly filled and signed after the physical verification of the school toilet blocks/units allocated is required to be sent to the concerned CPSU directly.
8. What is the remuneration for said verification?
The said verification is to be undertaken on pro bono basis (and without reimbursement of outof-pocket expenses), as a contribution towards CSR activities.
For any further query, members of the Institute may write to firstname.lastname@example.org