Disallowance of depreciation u/s 32 and capital expenditure u/s 35AD on cash payment as per Finance Bill 2017. Hi Friends in union budget 2017 govt take many decisions for promoting digital payments one of them is if any one make payment for capital expenditure u/s 35AD & depreciation u/s 32 then that amount is disallowed under Business Head income. Check more details for “Disallowance of depreciation u/s 32 & capital expenditure u/s 35AD on cash payment” from below…..
Disallowance of depreciation u/s 32 & capital expenditure u/s 35AD on cash payment
Under the existing provisions of the Act, revenue expenditure incurred in cash exceeding certain monetary threshold is not allowable as per sub-section (3) of section 40A of the Act except in specified circumstances as referred to in Rule 6DD of the Income-tax Rules, 1962. However, there is no provision to disallow the capital expenditure incurred in cash. Further, section 35AD of the Act , inter-alia provides for investment linked deduction on the amount capital expenditure incurred, wholly or exclusively for the purposes of business, during the previous year for a specified business except capital expenditure incurred for acquisition of any land or goodwill or financial instrument.
In order to discourage cash transactions even for capital expenditure, it is proposed to amend the provisions of section 43 of the Act to provide that where an assessee incurs any expenditure for acquisition of any asset in respect which a payment or aggregate of payments made to a person in a day, otherwise than by an account payee cheque drawn on a bank or account payee bank draft or use of electronic clearing system through a bank account, exceeds ten thousand rupees, such expenditure shall be ignored for the purposes of determination of actual cost of such asset.
It is further proposed to amend section 35AD of the Act to provide that any expenditure in respect of which payment or aggregate of payments made to a person in a day, otherwise than by an account payee cheque drawn on a bank or an account payee bank draft or use of electronic clearing system through a bank account, exceeds ten thousand rupees, no deduction shall be allowed in respect of such expenditure.
These amendments will take effect from 1st April, 2018 and will, accordingly, apply in relation to the assessment year 2018-19 and subsequent year
[Clauses 13 & 16]
Please Download Finance Bill 2017 From Below link….
- TDS Rates U/s 194J Reduced from 10% to 2% by Finance Bill 2017
- Deemed profit u/s 44 AD reduced from 8% to 6% for digital transaction
- Salient Features of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- PMGKY Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- CBDT Clarification on Fake News Related to Exemption to Political Parties
- Income Tax Due Dates 2017, Tax Calendar 2017
- Tax treatment of dividend received from a foreign company
- How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
- Additional Depreciation – Who can Avail?, availability, Rate of Add Dep
- Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased From 1 Crore to 2 Crore AY 2017-18
- Threshold limit Increased for maintenance of books of accounts