- CA Final Applicable Amendments, Standards May 2017
- Paper 1: Financial Reporting Amendments for May 2017
- Applicability of Indian Accounting Standard (Ind AS)
- Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- III. Guidance Notes and other publications
- Paper 4 : Corporate and Allied Laws
- Paper 7 : Direct Tax Laws & Paper 8 : Indirect Tax Laws
CA Final Applicable Amendments, Standards for May 2017. ICAI Issued List of all Amendments, Standards, Guidance Notes Applicable for CA Final May 2017 Exams. Recently ICAI Issued CA Final Exam Time Table for May 2017 very soon, And we already provided CA Final Result Expected Date for Nov 2016 Exams, Now Students Planning to Preparation for May 2017 Exams but due to change in companies act all students Face Problem for amendments. Here we are providing all CA Final List of Applicable Amendments, Standard, Guidance Notes for May 2017 Exams. we also Provide Supplementary Study Material, Practice Manual for May 2017 Exams and Revision of Syllabus for May 2017 Exams in My Last Articles. Now you can scroll down below and Find Complete details for CA Final Applicable Amendments, Standards May 2017
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ”freely “
CA Final Applicable Amendments, Standards May 2017
Paper 1: Financial Reporting Amendments for May 2017
- CA Final Financial Reporting Important Updates for May 2017
- CA Final Financial Instruments Summary of Ind AS 32,107,109
I. Framework for the Preparation and Presentation of Financial Statements.
II. Accounting Standards
|AS No.||AS Title|
|1||Disclosure of Accounting Policies|
|2||Valuation of Inventories|
|3||Cash Flow Statements|
|4||Contingencies and Events Occurring after the Balance Sheet Date|
|5||Net Profit or Loss for the Period, Prior Period Items and Changes in Accounting Policies|
|7||Construction Contracts (Revised 2002)|
|10||Accounting for Fixed Assets|
|11||The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates (Revised 2003)|
|12||Accounting for Government Grants|
|13||Accounting for Investments|
|14||Accounting for Amalgamations|
|18||Related Party Disclosures|
|20||Earnings Per Share|
|21||Consolidated Financial Statements|
|22||Accounting for Taxes on Income|
|23||Accounting for Investment in Associates in Consolidated Financial Statements|
|25||Interim Financial Reporting|
|27||Financial Reporting of Interests in Joint Ventures|
|28||Impairment of Assets|
|29||Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets|
III. Guidance Notes on Accounting Aspects
- Guidance Note on Accrual Basis of Accounting.
- Guidance Note on Accounting Treatment for Excise Duty.
- Guidance Note on Terms Used in Financial Statements.
- Guidance Note on Accounting Treatment for MODVAT/CENVAT.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Corporate Dividend Tax.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Employee Share-based Payments.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Credit Available in respect of Minimum Alternate Tax under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Guidance Note on Measurement of Income Tax for Interim Financial Reporting in the context of AS 25.
- Guidance Note on Applicability of AS 25 to Interim Financial Results.
- Guidance Note on Turnover in case of Contractors.
- Guidance Note on the Schedule III to the Companies Act, 2013.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Expenditure on Corporate Social Responsibility Activities.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Derivative Contracts.
- Guidance Note on Accounting for Depreciation in Companies in the context of Schedule II to the Companies Act, 2013
IV Applicability of the Companies Act, 2013 and other Legislative Amendments
The relevant notified Sections of the Companies Act, 2013 and legislative amendments including relevant Notifications / Circulars / Rules / Guidelines issued by Regulating Authority up to 31st October, 2016 will be applicable for May, 2017 Examination.
Applicability of Indian Accounting Standard (Ind AS)
Topic of “Introduction of Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS); Comparative study of ASs vis-a-vis Ind ASs; Carve outs/ins in Ind ASs vis-à-vis International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)” has been made applicable in place of “Overview of International Accounting Standards (IAS) / International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Interpretations by International Financial Reporting Interpretation Committee (IFRIC), Significant differences vis-a-vis Indian Accounting Standards; Understanding of US GAAPs, Applications of IFRS and US GAAPs”.
Considering the significance and relevance of the Ind AS, the above topic has been included in the syllabus and the students are expected to have an overall knowledge of the contents covered therein. However, considering the extensive coverage of the contents covered in such topic, from the examination perspective, simple problems involving conceptual or application issues may be asked in the examination.
VI. Applicability of Amendments made by MCA in the Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006 and Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Rules, 2015
Amendments made by MCA on 30.3.2016 in the Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006 and Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Rules, 2015 are applicable for May, 2017 examination.
VII. Non-applicability of AS 30, 31 and 32 on the topic ‘Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments’
Ind AS 32 “Financial Instruments: Presentation”, Ind AS 107 “Financial Instruments: Disclosures” and Ind AS 109 “Financial Instruments” have been made applicable to the topic ‘Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments’ instead of AS 30 “Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement”, AS 31 “Financial Instruments: Presentation” and AS 32 “Financial Instruments: Disclosures”.
In view of the complexities involved, simple practical problems involving conceptual issues or application issues may be asked in the examination.
Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Statements and Standards
- Statement on Reporting under Section 227(1A) of the Companies Act, 1956 (Section 143 (1) of the Companies Act, 2013).
Framework for Assurance Engagements.
II. Engagements and Quality Control Standards on Auditing
|S.No||SA||Title of Standard on Auditing|
|1||SQC 1||Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Historical Financial Information, and Other Assurance and Related Services Engagements|
|2||SA 200||Overall Objectives of the Independent Auditor and the Conduct of an Audit in Accordance with Standards on Auditing|
|3||SA 210||Agreeing the Terms of Audit Engagements|
|4||SA 220||Quality Control for Audit of Financial Statements|
|5||SA 230||Audit Documentation|
|6||SA 240||The Auditor’s responsibilities Relating to Fraud in an Audit of Financial Statements|
|7||SA 250||Consideration of Laws and Regulations in An Audit of Financial Statements|
|8||SA 260||Communication with Those Charged with Governance|
|9||SA 265||Communicating Deficiencies in Internal Control to Those Charged with Governance and Management|
|10||SA 299||Responsibility of Joint Auditors|
|11||SA 300||Planning an Audit of Financial Statements|
|12||SA 315||Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement through Understanding the Entity and its Environment|
|13||SA 320||Materiality in Planning and Performing an Audit|
|14||SA 330||The Auditor’s Responses to Assessed Risks|
|15||SA 402||Audit Considerations Relating to an Entity Using a Service Organization|
|16||SA 450||Evaluation of Misstatements Identified during the Audits|
|17||SA 500||Audit Evidence|
|18||SA 501||Audit Evidence – Specific Considerations for Selected Items|
|19||SA 505||External Confirmations|
|20||SA 510||Initial Audit Engagements-Opening Balances|
|21||SA 520||Analytical Procedures|
|22||SA 530||Audit Sampling|
|23||SA 540||Auditing Accounting Estimates, Including Fair Value Accounting Estimates, and Related Disclosures|
|24||SA 550||Related Parties|
|25||SA 560||Subsequent Events|
|26||SA 570||Going Concern|
|27||SA 580||Written Representations|
|28||SA 600||Using the Work of Another Auditor|
|29||SA 610 (Revised)||Using the Work of Internal Auditors|
|30||SA 620||Using the Work of an Auditor’s Expert|
|31||SA 700||Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements|
|32||SA 705||Modifications to the Opinion in the Independent Auditor’s Report|
|33||SA 706||Emphasis of Matter Paragraphs and Other Matter Paragraphs in the Independent Auditor’s Report|
|34||SA 710||Comparative Information – Corresponding Figures and Comparative Financial Statements|
|35||SA 720||The Auditor’s Responsibility in Relation to Other Information in Documents Containing Audited Financial Statements|
|36||SA 800||Special Considerations-Audits of Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance with Special Purpose Framework|
|37||SA 805||Special Considerations-Audits of Single Purpose Financial Statements and Specific Elements, Accounts or Items of a Financial Statement|
|38||SA 810||Engagements to Report on Summary Financial Statements|
|39||SRE 2400 (Revised)||Engagements to Review Financial Statements|
|40||SRE 2410||Review of Interim Financial Information Performed by the Independent Auditor of the Entity|
|41||SAE 3400||The Examination of Prospective Financial Information|
|42||SAE 3402||Assurance Reports on Controls At a Service Organisation|
|43||SAE 3420 (New)||Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus|
|44||SRS 4400||Engagements to Perform Agreed Upon Procedures Regarding Financial Information|
|45||SRS 4410||Engagements to Compile Financial Information|
III. Guidance Notes and other publications
- Code of Ethics
- Guidance Note on Independence of Auditors.
- Guidance Note on Audit under Section 44AB of the Income-tax Act.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Inventories.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Debtors, Loans and Advances.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Investments.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Cash and Bank Balances.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Liabilities.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Revenue.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Expenses.
- Guidance Note on Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs).
- Guidance Note on Audit of Payment of Dividend.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Capital and Reserves.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Banks.
- Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Guidance Note on Reporting under section 143(3)(f) and (h) of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Guidance Note on Reporting on Fraud under section 143(12) of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Guidance Note on the Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order, 2016
IV Applicability of the Companies Act, 2013:
- (i) The relevant notified Sections of the Companies Act, 2013 and other legislative amendments including relevant Notifications / Circulars / Rules / Guidelines issued by Regulating Authorities, cut-off date will be 31st October, 2016.
- (ii) SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 and Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order, 2016 are applicable for May, 2017 Examination.
Paper 4 : Corporate and Allied Laws
The relevant sections of the Companies Act, 2013, along with significant Rules/ Notifications/ Circulars/ Clarification/ Orders issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs upto 31st October 2016.
For updates, see http://www.mca.gov.in/
(II) SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirement) Regulations, 2009
Vide Notification No. SEBI/LAD-NRO/GN/2016-17/003 dated 25th May, 2016, SEBI hereby further amend the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009 through the enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) (Third Amendment) Regulations,2016 from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
Amendments have been made in relevant Regulations 2, 4, 73 & 84 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009 and these shall be applicable to issuers filing offer documents with the Registrar of companies on or after the date of commencement of these regulations.
For amendment, refer the following Link
(III) The Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 2016
Ministry of Law and Justice on 16th August, 2016 has published for general information, the Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 2016.
It is an Act further to amend four laws: (i) Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI), (ii) Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993 (RDDBFI), (iii) Indian Stamp Act, 1899 and (iv) Depositories Act, 1996, and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto
Chapter II, of this amendment Act deals with the amendments to the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002, whereby, it is an act to regulate securitisation and reconstruction of financial assets and enforcement of security interest and to provide for a central database of security interests created on property rights, and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
For amendment, refer the following Link
Non-Applicability of the following Amendments/Circulars/Notifications / chapters of the Study material:
Chapter 9 of the study material (January 2016 edition) covering provisions relating to Revival and Rehabilitation of Sick-Industrial Companies.
Paper 7 : Direct Tax Laws & Paper 8 : Indirect Tax Laws
Applicability of Finance Act, Assessment Year etc. for May, 2017 Examination
The provisions of direct tax laws and indirect tax laws, as amended by the Finance Act, 2016, including notifications and circulars issued up to 31st October, 2016, are applicable for May, 2017 examination. The relevant assessment year for Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws is A.Y.2017-18