- PAN Card Application for Charitable Trust
- PAN is to be obtained by following persons:
- How to apply for PAN?
- What are the charges for obtaining a PAN?
- Documents and information to be submitted with PAN application?
- Who has to sign the PAN application i.e. Form 49A/49AA?
- Contact Details for PAN Card Application
PAN Card Application for Charitable Trust, PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. PAN is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN is issued in the form of a laminated plastic card (commonly known as PAN card). Given below is an illustrative PAN: ALWTG5809L. In this Article you can find complete details regarding PAN Card for Trusts like – Documents and information to be submitted with PAN application? in Case of Trust, Who has to sign the PAN application i.e. Form 49A/49AA? in Case of Trust, How to apply for PAN?, What are the charges for obtaining a PAN?
The fourth character of PAN represents the status of the PAN holder. A trust is represented by the character ‘T’ (E.g. ALWTG5809L).
PAN Card Application for Charitable Trust
PAN is to be obtained by following persons:
- A charitable trust who is required to furnish return under Section 139(4A)
- Every person who intends to enter into specified financial transactions where citing a PAN is mandatory
How to apply for PAN?
- 1) Online Application – An online application can be made from the website of UTIITSL or NSDL
- 2) Through PAN Application Center – Application for PAN can be submitted at the
- Download PAN Application Form.
- Form for changes or correction in PAN data
What are the charges for obtaining a PAN?
The applicant shall pay a fee of Rs. 93 + service-tax. In case, the PAN card is to be dispatched outside India then additional charges of Rs. 879 will have to be paid by the applicant.
Documents and information to be submitted with PAN application?
A trust registered in India shall submit Copy of trust deed or copy of certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner along with the PAN application.
In case trust is formed outside India, it shall submit the following documents along with the PAN application form:
- Copy of Certificate of Registration issued in the country where the applicant is located, duly attested by “Apostille” (in respect of the countries which are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India
- Copy of registration certificate issued in India or of approval granted to set up office in India by Indian Authorities.
Who has to sign the PAN application i.e. Form 49A/49AA?
Application for PAN shall be signed by the trustee (left thumb impression in case trustee is unable to sign).
Must Read – Charitable Trust Introduction and Registration
Contact Details for PAN Card Application
The Income Tax Department or NSDL can be contacted in any of the following means
Income Tax Department
Contact No – 1800-180-1961
E-Mail – Not available
Contact No – 020-27218080
E-Mail – [email protected]
Contact No – 1800220306
E-Mail – Not available
- PAN Card Status, PAN Name By PAN No, Know Your PAN
- Various Due Dates For Indian Taxes
- Track PAN Card-Status Online, Verify PAN Card-Status
- TDS Rate Chart
- Latest Income Tax Slab Rates AY 2016-17 & All Past Years
- Instructions for Filing PAN Card Correction Form
- Documents Required for PAN Card Application
- Lost your Pan Card? Don’t worry, Procedure for duplicate Pan card
- Everything you want to know about PAN Card