Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c. Find Everything you want to know about Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c. Here we are providing complete details for Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c like – Eligibility for Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c, Maximum Allowable deduction, Eligible Payments, Ineligible Payments etc. Recently we provide Complete details for Do NRIs need to file Return of income in India?. Now you can scroll down below and check complete details regarding “Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c”
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
- Like Us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/caknowledgepage
- Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAknowledgegroup/
Deduction for School Fees Paid u/s 80c
Section 80C of income tax act allows deduction in respect of many payments and investments made. Section 80C allows deduction for payment of Education Fees paid for the Education of Children. Any individual who has paid Education Fees of his Children is allowed to claim this deduction under Section 80C.
(1) It’s available to individuals only
(2) All other persons except individuals are ineligible for this deduction.
Maximum allowable :
under this section deduction is available for tuition fees paid on two children education. If Assessee has more then two children then he can claim tuition fees paid of only two children.
Available to each parent :
This deduction is available to both , father and mother of the children for whose education the payment is made. Both of them can claim deduction under this head.
Eligible Payments :
Fees paid in respect of following only will be allowed as deduction :
1.Play school fees
2.pre nursery fees
3.Nursery class and higher classes fees
4.University, college or other educational institution fees.
Payments ineligible :
Payments made in respect of following are not eligible for deduction u/s 80C :
1.Any Part time courses
2.Fees for Coaching classes or private tuitions
3. Fees for Distance courses
4.Donation to an educational institution for getting any admission etc
5.Hostel fees of the children.
6. Any amount paid in respect of penalty for delay in paying the regular fees.
7. Payment made in respect of self education / for spouse is not eligible for deduction.
This is not an exhausting list.
This deduction towards payment for tuition/education of children is eligible on payment basis. Irrespective of the academic year for which you have paid the fees, deduction is allowable on payment basis only.
Maximum deduction :
Deduction for the payments made in the form of tuition fees is subject to overall limit of 1.5 lakhs.
Some other points to be known :
(1) University, college, school or other educational institution must be situated in India. But it can be affiliated to any foreign university/institution.
(2) Deduction can be claimed in respect of payment made for the education of adopted children also. Section 80c is silent about the status of children.
(3) When parents got divorced and children are with either of the parents then deduction can be availed by the parent who pays the fees.
- Deduction For Donation Under Section 80G
- Procedure For E-Filling of Tax Audit Report
- Latest Income Tax Slab Rates For AY 2016-17
- Procedure for Online E- Registration of Service Tax
- Income Tax Due Dates 2016
- Know About Mediclaim Policy & Deduction U/s 80D
- Deduction For Medical Insurance Premium U/Sec 80d