Accrued Liabilities – Meaning, Definition with Example. Find Complete Details for Accrued Liabilities. Here we are providing full details of Accrued Liabilities. In this article we provide Meaning of Accrued Liabilities with Example. recently we provide Bill of Lading Meaning/Definition – Complete Guide. Now you can scroll down below and check complete details for “Accrued Liabilities – Meaning, Definition with Example”
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
- Bill of Lading Meaning/Definition – Complete Guide
- Supply Chain Management – Complete Details
- Balance of payments (BOP) & Its components
- TDS Rate Chart For AY 2015-16 & AY 2016-17
Accrued Liabilities – Meaning/Definition – Example
Meaning of Accrued liability
Accrued expenses means the liability which have been already occurred (incurred) but incurred that have not yet been paid nor recorded through a regular transaction. Expense should be accounted in the accounting period in which it is actually incurred as per one of the basic accounting concept “Accrual”. So rather than waiting for the next period in which the actual cash outflow will be there, they should be booked in financial statements in the year of occurrence itself. Accrued expenses are the opposite of prepaid expenses.
credit…………..Expenses payable a/c
1.An entity may have purchased and received goods or services, but not yet paid for them because the seller offered an instalment payment plan.This is a good example for understanding accrual concept.
2. A company has a bank loan outstanding, on which it owes interest that has not been billed still by the banker at the end of an accounting period. Here the expense should be recognized as per Accrual concept.
3. Importance :
Accrual method accounting is the opposite of cash method of accounting, which recognizes economic events only where cash is exchanged. The accrual method is more common than the cash method since it depicts the true picture of financial performance of the entity and companies often required to follow accrual system under many regulations.
Recommended Read –
- Income Tax Slab Rates AY 2016-17 & All Years
- Form 16 TDS – Understand Form 16 – Download Excel Utility
- PAN Name By PAN No,Know Your PAN, Online Verify For PAN
- CA Final Result Nov 2016
- IPCC Result Nov 2016
- CPT Result Dec 2016